This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Astaro with ATT U-Verse

I am in the process of switching from DSL to U-Verse. I also requested a block of static IP addresses. Now, I understand that the modem used for U-Verse does not support bridged mode allowing me to do PPOE in Astaro.

What are my alternatives? Did somebody get this to work?

ATT is also talking about an RG (residential gateway). It sounds like that it is a modem/router combination device. Are there alternatives? Is there a 3rd party modem?

Technician will come to my home on Saturday. So, I would appreciate some quick feedback.

Thanks,
Jens

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Thanks Scott.

I actually looked at these threads before I posted my question, but these threads are...

... too old.
    ... don't use VDSL.
    ... don't use static IPs.
    ... don't provide a solution.

So, if somebody is using my planned setup successfully, I would appreciate some pointers to get me started because my hope that the ATT technician can provide me with answers is very limited...

Best regards,
    Jens
Children
  • We have UVerse as a backup in our office, you will need to use the UVerse modem.  What you need to do is to setup the ASG to use DHCP,  a "DMZ-Plus" port forward using the DHCP address of the ASG picking one of the static IP's and you should be good.
  • Thanks Rugby! That is great feedback and I think it answered most of my questions.

Just one more question: How do I get Astaro to know about the other IP addresses?

I am currently using DNAT to forward my IPs to two dedicated servers (web/mail server and media server) in my home. With DSL/PPOE it also seems that the Astaro box is using a "non-usable" IP (ATT gives a block of 8 with 5 usable addresses) as its default address. Are you saying that I now have to use one of the 5 usable ones?

Best regards,
    Jens