This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Would this hardware fit?

Because the Astaro Appliance 120 is to expensiv for an homeuser, I'm going to build my own appliance with mini-itx hardware. I've search the forum before, but didn't find an direct answer.

Can anyone confirm, that astaro will run with this hardware configuration:

• Mainboard: Jetway J7F2 1.2Ghz
  • Chipset: VIA CN700 + 8237RP
  • LAN: VT6103 10/100
  • AddOn Board: Triple LAN Realtek RTL8100C

Thanks for helping me!
Cheers,
Benjamin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi ronzle,

I spent a couple of hours testing the above NIC-chipset with ASG 7.380.

I can confirm, that the 8110SC NICs were correctly detected and functional.

I will post details in the beta-forum.

All the best,

DiePlage
  • Hi 

thanks for testing again.
    Please let me know, if i can help you in other cases.

best regards 

Ronny
  • Hi Ronzle!

You may have read in the BETA-forum that I encountered serious problems with the Jetway 3xRTL8110SC daugter board.

Just wanted to let you know, that I replaced the board by a new one (same model). There have been no problems ever since, so most likely it was just defective hardware.

Cheers,

DiePlage
  • Hi

I have this configuration running, but with all funcionalities activated (IPS, antivirus, port scan, etc) the system some times stops responding.
    Now I have updated the board to a new NC92-330, but the problem is the same too much funcionalities and the system stops.
    Now I'm wating for a Intel board with the Atom 330 to see if the problem is the Jetway boards.
    I'l post the results.

NEW UPDATE
    The problem was a defective dauther board. 
    Now the NC92-330 works very well, the new ASG 7.400 works great in this hardware.

Best Regards
  • Hi,
    I am currently building an ASG using an Intel micro-atx based around the atom 330 and the NIC based on the RTL8110. Using the beta it works well on a test bench without a load.
    I need a day to take a half height NIC out of the existing system and do a complete install in the final box.

I hope to have the upgrade? completed by next weekend, family allowing for then internet to be off.

Ian M

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.