This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Would this hardware fit?

Because the Astaro Appliance 120 is to expensiv for an homeuser, I'm going to build my own appliance with mini-itx hardware. I've search the forum before, but didn't find an direct answer.

Can anyone confirm, that astaro will run with this hardware configuration:

• Mainboard: Jetway J7F2 1.2Ghz
  • Chipset: VIA CN700 + 8237RP
  • LAN: VT6103 10/100
  • AddOn Board: Triple LAN Realtek RTL8100C

Thanks for helping me!
Cheers,
Benjamin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

yes, this mainboard will run fine. I would suggest using 1GB 533Mhz DDR2 RAM which is the maximum of this board. You will have next to no swapping with 1GB, of course this may vary according to you usage profile.
    The 3x10/100 daughter board runs fine with astaro.

Good luck!
  • Hi 

can you please try the new beta with this board ?
    The new realtek driver is in the new beta and the rtl8100c should work with it.

regards
    ronny
  • Hi ronzle,

I spent a couple of hours testing the above NIC-chipset with ASG 7.380.

I can confirm, that the 8110SC NICs were correctly detected and functional.

I will post details in the beta-forum.

All the best,

DiePlage
  • Hi 

thanks for testing again.
    Please let me know, if i can help you in other cases.

best regards 

Ronny
  • Hi Ronzle!

You may have read in the BETA-forum that I encountered serious problems with the Jetway 3xRTL8110SC daugter board.

Just wanted to let you know, that I replaced the board by a new one (same model). There have been no problems ever since, so most likely it was just defective hardware.

Cheers,

DiePlage
  • Hi

I have this configuration running, but with all funcionalities activated (IPS, antivirus, port scan, etc) the system some times stops responding.
    Now I have updated the board to a new NC92-330, but the problem is the same too much funcionalities and the system stops.
    Now I'm wating for a Intel board with the Atom 330 to see if the problem is the Jetway boards.
    I'l post the results.

NEW UPDATE
    The problem was a defective dauther board. 
    Now the NC92-330 works very well, the new ASG 7.400 works great in this hardware.

Best Regards
  • Hi,
    I am currently building an ASG using an Intel micro-atx based around the atom 330 and the NIC based on the RTL8110. Using the beta it works well on a test bench without a load.
    I need a day to take a half height NIC out of the existing system and do a complete install in the final box.

I hope to have the upgrade? completed by next weekend, family allowing for then internet to be off.

Ian M

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.