This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ryzen7 ?

Thought I'd get a spiffy new Ryzen7 embedded board with 4x2.5Gb Intel ports.  (CW56-58 5800U)

After futz'n around for a bit, I still haven't been able to boot the UTM9 installer.

https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034600?language=en_US - says Intel compatible... 

Does that mean Ryzen7 or no?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That system looks like it uses the 

INTEL1226-V2.5G       which is too new and not supported by Sophos yet. Sorry other people have the same issue with the newer LAN chipsets and recommend using a virtualized version of the UTM either in KVM, ESXi or Hyper-V. There are guides online from Sophos to help you with the install and it should work. 

www.changwang.com/.../405.html

• UTM doesn't support i225 so unlikely it'll ever support i226.

Running a firewall as a vm isn't all that bad. In my use case I was able to pass through one of the intel nics (i211) to utm directly (for wan). In the op's case all nics will have to be the virtual kind.

I recommend proxmox for better control. ESXI has it's own gremlins in terms of hardware support.

• UTM doesn't support i225 so unlikely it'll ever support i226.

Running a firewall as a vm isn't all that bad. In my use case I was able to pass through one of the intel nics (i211) to utm directly (for wan). In the op's case all nics will have to be the virtual kind.

I recommend proxmox for better control. ESXI has it's own gremlins in terms of hardware support.

Children
No Data