This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ryzen7 ?

Thought I'd get a spiffy new Ryzen7 embedded board with 4x2.5Gb Intel ports.  (CW56-58 5800U)

After futz'n around for a bit, I still haven't been able to boot the UTM9 installer.

https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034600?language=en_US - says Intel compatible... 

Does that mean Ryzen7 or no?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I don't think you could get any more incompatible.  They are completely different.  You most likely are not getting past the CPU check on install. Normally if something takes both, it will mention both platforms.

EDIT:  You may be able to geta way with it under a VM environment using Proxmox or something.  

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• My bad... Every other distro works on it, just assumed Sophos would too.

Edit: I was thinking old school, x64 came from AMD and Intel had to copy.

Thanks for the quick response.

• EDIT:  You may be able to geta way with it under a VM environment using Proxmox or something.  

Yeah, already proved that out, but I'm just a little wary of running my firewall as a VM.  To many opportunities for misconfig of the host.
    Thanks again!

• That system looks like it uses the 

INTEL1226-V2.5G       which is too new and not supported by Sophos yet. Sorry other people have the same issue with the newer LAN chipsets and recommend using a virtualized version of the UTM either in KVM, ESXi or Hyper-V. There are guides online from Sophos to help you with the install and it should work. 

www.changwang.com/.../405.html

• UTM doesn't support i225 so unlikely it'll ever support i226.

Running a firewall as a vm isn't all that bad. In my use case I was able to pass through one of the intel nics (i211) to utm directly (for wan). In the op's case all nics will have to be the virtual kind.

I recommend proxmox for better control. ESXI has it's own gremlins in terms of hardware support.