This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Trial License

Hello

We have two UTMs that were in a HA/warm standby configuration.

During the last firmware update the HA configuration got out of sync and stopped working.  The Master UTM updated but the slave did not.

I reset the slave to default and setup HA again, but it doesn't complete the HA setup as the UTMs are now on different firmware versions.

I've created a trial license in the license portal in the hope that I could setup the slave UTM as a new device, install the license. run Up2Date to get it onto the latest firmware and then setup HA again.  However, the license I get from the portal does not allow Up2Date.

I've asked my Sophos partner for a full trial license, but they have said that they no longer do them as the UTM is EOL.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get onto the latest version of the UTM firmware?

Many thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello,

you could send a PM to me.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I've asked my Sophos partner for a full trial license, but they have said that they no longer do them as the UTM is EOL.

Wait, what? Are you talking about your hardware or UTM as a whole? Since when is UTM EOL?!

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• UTM is not EoL. 

There could be two scenarios. Sophos Partner can generate Trials, but smaller Partner cannot do this anymore (for a long time). 

OP uses ASG/UTM Hardware instead, which is EoL and you cannot generate Trials anymore for this Hardware. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• The easiest solution would be to update the Master to a version for which you can obtain an ISO and then re-image the Slave from ISO.

As Toni said, UTM is not EOL.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA