This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time to replace hardware for home use.

Happy Holidays

I've been using Sophos UTM (formerly Astaro) for almost 15yrs runnning on the same hardware a Dell PowerEdge with 2Gb of RAM and 60Gb drive.  No major issue what's so ever (maybe a few hiccups). Recently Comcast offer to upgrade my broadband from 100Mbs to 600Mbs for a few dolllars more per month. I'm only getting speed at around 100Mbs because of the HW limitation. I'm looking to replace this Dell PowerEdge with a Qotom (i.e. Intel i5 or i7 etc..) and was looking for recommendation ffrom fellow UTM here in the forums.  I know there tis he HCL listing, but it seems oudated.  I was wondering if anyone recently puchase HW for home use and can offer their recommendation.  

btw, this purchase will be future proof and hopfully will last as long as my Dell PowerEdge, which is currently still humming along

- 4 streaming Android boxes

- 10 IoT devices

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks to both Amodin and Bob for your feedbacks.  Looks like I found what I'm looking for in terms of future-proof and compatibility.

Qotom Mini PC 4 LAN Core

Q355G4 Intel Core i5-5200U, dual core, 3M cache, 2.2GHz, MAX 2.7GHz, AES-NI, Intel HD Graphics 5500

- 8G RAM 256G SSD

- LAN: 4 Intel I211-AT-10/100/1000 Controller

Thanks again

• Thanks to both Amodin and Bob for your feedbacks.  Looks like I found what I'm looking for in terms of future-proof and compatibility.

Qotom Mini PC 4 LAN Core

Q355G4 Intel Core i5-5200U, dual core, 3M cache, 2.2GHz, MAX 2.7GHz, AES-NI, Intel HD Graphics 5500

- 8G RAM 256G SSD

- LAN: 4 Intel I211-AT-10/100/1000 Controller

Thanks again

Children
No Data