This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Home Edition License Question

Hi,

UTM Home Edition License is  for private use only.

So is this only private intertnet Surfing, Streaming etc. - or does it allow me to work from home, using hardware my employer has provided me with?
(I am neither a business owner nor self enmployed)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not a Sophos employee, but my interpretation is that if all of your personally-owned equipment is protected by the UTM, then the home-use license is appropriate.

If the only thing connected to the UTM is the company-owned hardware, or if you have more company-owned pieces of hardware (server, printer, etc) than personally-owned, then a paid license or a RED would not be unreasonable.

Are you already familiar with the UTM or have access to someone that is familiar with it?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not a Sophos employee, but my interpretation is that if all of your personally-owned equipment is protected by the UTM, then the home-use license is appropriate.

If the only thing connected to the UTM is the company-owned hardware, or if you have more company-owned pieces of hardware (server, printer, etc) than personally-owned, then a paid license or a RED would not be unreasonable.

Are you already familiar with the UTM or have access to someone that is familiar with it?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data