This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Complete new Hardware, will Backup work ?

Got complete new Hardware for the UTM 9

Intel Board, Core i3 , till now 2 Intel Ct Gigabit desktop adapter 3 is on the way.

The question is: what happens, if i make a fresh install and then import a backup ?

What happens to the interfaces ?

Will an Intel NIC  Intel I350-T2 I350AM2 Chip, Dual RJ45 Port

work with the utm 9 ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Wolfgang,

When you change to different interface cards, you will likely have to move cables because the NICs are numbered differently.  Other than that, you should be fine.

There is no longer an official Sophos HCL for the UTM, but the XG HCL is 99% the same for UTM.  You might want to consult the last entries in the *Unofficial* Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) here.  Also, see #7.8 in Rulz (last updated 2021-02-16).

Cheers - Bob

Updated 2021-06-08

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for ur answer.

well that did not work.

I got  a new motherboard, new CPU , new RAM and new NIC's .

After i installed the UTM from iso 7.503 and updated to the latest 7.609, the nics are fine.

after i import my backup from the old (hardware i use) UTM 9 and reboot, the nics are dead.  no interface is coming up, no link, no nothing.

regadless what new nic i try.

after the backup i checked the modules and the modules of the nics are loaded ( all intel) , i have no idea why the nic's won't come up.

• I see that my link to the Sophos HCL doesn't work anymore, Wolfgang.

How about a picture from the 'Hardware' tab in 'Interfaces'?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

the old hardware:

new hardware:

• Danke, Wolfgang.  I deleted the external links in your post and replaced them with the actual images. I opened the links in a sandbox (free from Sophos) and copied the images.  We can't know if that external site is properly protected. The only malware I've gotten in over 10+ years was from an external link to a picture in this forum over 5 years ago.  Thanks in advance for not posting external links here.

How about pictures of the old and new 'Interfaces' tab?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • i finaly found the error !

i had a broken (!) test hub .. geez. connected a new small cisco 8 port switch and it worked.

can't belive it !

all that work and testing because of a broken device !

and thanks for ur time Bob

Reply Children
No Data