This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM Home new licensing model

Sophos UTM Home notified me that my license will expire which surprised me since I remember it mentioning expiring in the year 2099 or 2999. I am pretty sure I went to sleep in my bed and not a stasis pod.

Looking at the license overview on my UTM web admin I see that all advanced features are set to expire and whilst renewing the home license I see that these features are no longer part of the home/essential license.

Are the advanced features available in the Sophos XG home version of the firewall or has the licensing changed there as well? I have done a quick search but could not find anything conclusive. Except a recent official post regarding features that will be disabled after license expiry.

Thanks for your time reading this and answers are much appreciated. Have a nice day.

Chris

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think the only real thing that expires is Sandstorm for UTM Home.  I noticed everything I had expired about three license renewals ago.  I believe its really more from a pure technical support standpoint and you can't create business models support tickets, but instead use the forums here (which is probably more useful than Sophos Support).

The BasicGuard from FullGuard drop doesn't hinder your home use either.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• I think the only real thing that expires is Sandstorm for UTM Home.  I noticed everything I had expired about three license renewals ago.  I believe its really more from a pure technical support standpoint and you can't create business models support tickets, but instead use the forums here (which is probably more useful than Sophos Support).

The BasicGuard from FullGuard drop doesn't hinder your home use either.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children
No Data