This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG330 to SG450 migration - what about Logfiles?

Hello Community,

we have two SG330 Nodes with UTM version 9.705.

I want to migrate the configuration from the SG330 nodes to two new Sophos SG450 nodes to replace the SG330 cluster. 

My steps:

1. Create backup on the SG330 cluster, shutdown and remove from rack 

2. Put in SG450 nodes to rack 

3. Do a initial configuration on one of the SG450 nodes and after that restore the configuration backup of the SG330 cluster

4. Check interface cabling on SG450 node

5. Transfer important logfiles (Firewall / Webproxy) via WinSCP (from SG330 to SG450)

--> What abpout Email Quarantine Messages? 

6. Check functionality (network connections, protection modules...)

7. Connect second SG450 node to configured SG450 node (HA interface) and let them sync

8. On "UNLINKED State", connect all other network interfaces to second Sg450 node

9. Check functionality

Now i have some questions:

--> Would you copy the logfiles before restoring the configuration backup? Or after restoring the configuration backup?

--> Would you copy the logiles to both SG450 nodes? 

I think in the migreation state it does to much time to copy the files. 

--> Should i copy some email specific settings / logfiles or not? (Email Quarantine?) / SMTP Log? 

What do you mean?

Best regards

Bepo

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello

For smaller devices we just copied the log files to the new machine. If there is enough storage left on the source, we create tgz and scp them over to the new machine. They will be recognized and you could use the UI.

The reports and network usage are those things we never migrated because they are part of the database afaik.

Sophos Gold Partner
    4TISO GmbH, Germany
    If a post solves your question click the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hello

For smaller devices we just copied the log files to the new machine. If there is enough storage left on the source, we create tgz and scp them over to the new machine. They will be recognized and you could use the UI.

The reports and network usage are those things we never migrated because they are part of the database afaik.

Sophos Gold Partner
    4TISO GmbH, Germany
    If a post solves your question click the 'Verify Answer' link.
Children