This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrade SG135 with home license to XG

Hi,
I've been trying to get the right info but seem to be getting conflicting info.

I have a SG135 setup with a home license. Soon we'll be converting our office firewalls to the XG platform and I'd like to get a head start and play with XG at home.

Is there a way I can convert my home SG135 to XG? if so, what's the correct process?

thanks a lot!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hoi,

There's not really an "upgrade" process.  You only can re-image the 135 with the XG ISO and start from scratch.  I would use a different computer to learn rather than being without protection.  I used an old PC.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hoi Bob! are you Dutch?

Thanks for your reply! I'm not worried about keeping my config. It's a 'simple' home setup, I'm happy to redo the config.

I have reimaged the SG with XG but then I somehow the serial of the device is used and linked to my sophos account (not sure how I did that). Then when I try to install the key for my home license XG tells me I can't use the home key I received.
    Then someone told me that before you can install a XG home license on a device the device would first need to be converted to XG with an existing paid license. I'm not sure if this is true though.. it sounds like a hurdle that would not have to be there...

• Hoi Bob! are you Dutch?

Thanks for your reply! I'm not worried about keeping my config. It's a 'simple' home setup, I'm happy to redo the config.

I have reimaged the SG with XG but then I somehow the serial of the device is used and linked to my sophos account (not sure how I did that). Then when I try to install the key for my home license XG tells me I can't use the home key I received.
    Then someone told me that before you can install a XG home license on a device the device would first need to be converted to XG with an existing paid license. I'm not sure if this is true though.. it sounds like a hurdle that would not have to be there...

Children