This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9.6 to be____________________(plan to develop / beta / killed)

Hello!

Any one who could fill-up the blank in the subject. Please set aside the roadshow promises, I already know the roadshows of the last 2 years which never came up.

Or was the  9.5 unofficial obituary :(

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Considering people actually pay for ASG devices still, I don't believe Sophos would "go dark" on them. No EoL (end of life) has been declared yet for any of the SG devices. 

• IF every one left, then it is the time for user's to  look out for alternatives. and IF XG is no where near to alternate after more than 2 years of development what are we expecting out of the wait.

It will be interesting to  know the next best after UTM. So if at all any one shifting then to which technology if not XG?

• TLGSS said:

It will be interesting to  know the next best after UTM. So if at all any one shifting then to which technology if not XG?

Yes, it would be nice to have a list of competitors in the segment of the UTM. At this moment I‘m willing to extend UTM licensing only for a year, not 3 years.

-

• Hey all,

I really don't want to be an "agua fiesta" but honestly we've all been awaiting this or that feature/fixes on ASG for too long... I've lost faith. I've had an ASG setup in my labs that i kept running for my personal browsing and extra professional things, simply because I've liked the SG so much.

Although, I've now moved over to competition (one that develop it's products rather then acquiring them) which i won't name here and really, I'm not looking back. XG was never an alternative to me, simply on personal grounds -- I've never been a fan of either Cyberoam or what it is by now since day one.

regards,
    M.