This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steam in-home streaming

Hi, I run sophos v9 at my home.

I got most services up an running. Origin. Steam is up and running except in-home streaming. World of tanks running etc.

But I cant get steam in-home streaming to work between two computers in the same subnet on my local LAN.

I looked in the firewall log and dont find anything.

I am wondering if this in-home streaming is uPnP dependant ?  Since sophos dont have uPnP. uPnP is kind of an security risk anyway.

I am a longterm user of astaro v7 to now getting sophos v9 up and running.

This seems akward that I cant even have the in-home streaming working on my local LAN with sophos right of the box.

Dont laugh at me, please. Here is a info page about ports and stuff. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3629-RIAV-1617&l=swedish#networkports

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I would like to learn the flow of the traffic, how does the 2 computer communicate to stream? Alongside, check in the tcpdump if the specific traffic hits the UTM and catch the drops in the packetfilter.log. 

Cheers-

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• This issue does not have anything to do with the UTM itself I suspect.  Check the firewall settings on your hosts and make sure they did not detect the new gateway as a new network and set the internal LAN as public instead of private.

• Ok, is multicast on in sophos ? Seems the information I got is that the in-home streaming NEED multicast. I am kinda lost. Someone explain what I should do. Can I get a multicast filtering for a port like 27036 in sophos ?

Sorry guys I am a moron. I found the issue. Probably the "STORM CONTROL" or something I have enabled inside the HP Procurve 8-port Smart switch I have. I tried an 5-port dumb switch and it worked.

EDIT: https://vicon-security.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210734563-HP-ProCurve-Storm-Control-settings-prevents-video-streaming

• Don't feel like you are the only one...I have been tripped up by it on ProCurves as well.  It seems to cause as many issues as it solves.

Reply Children
No Data