This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos certified engineer exam

does anyone know approximately how many questions there are in the Sophos certified engineer exam and what % are simlets.

My understanding is it takes 1.5 days to complete exam

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm also planning to have a Central Engineer exam. But I guess I won't have time to prepare. It's already on February 14 - 15, 2018. And do I need to pass Central Engineer before XG Firewall Engineer? It costs 15.500 CZK and is in Czech.

My further exams and courses:

Enduser Protection Course;

123 Paper Certificate;

Certificate in Internal Audit Services.

• Central Engineer + XG Engineer should make you a "Sophos Certified Engineer" afterwards, but at least the XG is standalone, can't say anything to the Central part.
    If the trainings in CZ aren't too different from those in DE you should not need any preparation before it.

If you meant the fundamentals, these are relatively simple network questions where only "completely new to IT"s should need assistance.
    In the exam you can use the lab environment, manuals, documentations. Normally nothing to worry about. Some answers were mentioned in the theoretically part, so writing down some notes can be helpful, too.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

• Central Engineer + XG Engineer should make you a "Sophos Certified Engineer" afterwards, but at least the XG is standalone, can't say anything to the Central part.
    If the trainings in CZ aren't too different from those in DE you should not need any preparation before it.

If you meant the fundamentals, these are relatively simple network questions where only "completely new to IT"s should need assistance.
    In the exam you can use the lab environment, manuals, documentations. Normally nothing to worry about. Some answers were mentioned in the theoretically part, so writing down some notes can be helpful, too.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

Children