This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blocking GMAIL

Hi everyone,

Just want to know how to block Gmail and still allow google? Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You did not indicate whether you are trying to block users from accessing the GMAIL website, or whether you are trying to block incoming email from user@gmail.com.

I will assume, like SachinGuring, that you want to block access to the gmail website.

I think there is an easier solution than the one he gave you:

Web Protection... Application Control...Application Control Rules (tab)... New Rule

Action = Block,   Control By = Applications, Application = gmail, For=<designated user, group, or network object>

However, gmail is probably one of the lower-risk webmail sites, because I trust their spam filtering more than most others.   If you want to block gmail, you might want to consider blocking the entire webfilter category of "Personal email"

Gmail for Business allows connections from Outlook.   You may need to block additional ports, using firewall rules, to defend against that possibility.

• You did not indicate whether you are trying to block users from accessing the GMAIL website, or whether you are trying to block incoming email from user@gmail.com.

I will assume, like SachinGuring, that you want to block access to the gmail website.

I think there is an easier solution than the one he gave you:

Web Protection... Application Control...Application Control Rules (tab)... New Rule

Action = Block,   Control By = Applications, Application = gmail, For=<designated user, group, or network object>

However, gmail is probably one of the lower-risk webmail sites, because I trust their spam filtering more than most others.   If you want to block gmail, you might want to consider blocking the entire webfilter category of "Personal email"

Gmail for Business allows connections from Outlook.   You may need to block additional ports, using firewall rules, to defend against that possibility.

Children
No Data