This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blacklist Appliance

Does Sophos "blacklist" appliances? I sold an SG115 on eBay and the user is filing a claim stating that Sophos has blacklisted the device. What exactly does this mean I've been using the device over a year now loaded with UTM 9 Home with no issues.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

Did the second customer get any notification of blacklisting or any specific message that concludes that the device is blacklisted? Alongside, I suggest you to install SG115 hardware software on the appliance instead of the Home UTM software. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• He said when he started it up the wizard asked him for a license, so he then called Sophos and they told him that serial number has been blacklisted. To which I responded that there never has been an enterprise license associated with the device, and I have always used home and he can get a home license for free via the portal. 

It is running the hardware version I used SSH to remove the ASG file. (I think that was the file I needed to remove per the forum to make it work with a Home license, not fully sure presently.)

He will/has not provided me with the serial number to validate his claim.

So the question still remains, do appliances get "Blacklisted" by Sophos, and if so why?

• He said when he started it up the wizard asked him for a license, so he then called Sophos and they told him that serial number has been blacklisted. To which I responded that there never has been an enterprise license associated with the device, and I have always used home and he can get a home license for free via the portal. 

It is running the hardware version I used SSH to remove the ASG file. (I think that was the file I needed to remove per the forum to make it work with a Home license, not fully sure presently.)

He will/has not provided me with the serial number to validate his claim.

So the question still remains, do appliances get "Blacklisted" by Sophos, and if so why?

Children