Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hardware recommendation for UTM Home Edition

Hello, I'm looking for a small dual Ethernet machine on which to run Sophos UTM Home Edition. Any recommendations?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I take it you have the IPS disabled?

Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get anywhere close to those speeds on such a slow CPU.

Barry
  • I take it you have the IPS disabled?

Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get anywhere close to those speeds on such a slow CPU.

Barry

Hi Barry,
    I see all this talk about needing to use a Core i3, i5, i7 and I don't understand y? I am using a Atom D525 and my CPU and memory is always below 50% and I get the full speed of my internet 150/150 with IPS disabled but enable IPS and my internet speeds drop allot but even with IPS enabled my memory and CPU is always less then 50% so my question is will a bigger CPU really help me retain my internet speeds of 150/150? and if yes how and y would it help if I am not maxing out my resources on my D525??

Thanks
  • Hi Barry,
    I see all this talk about needing to use a Core i3, i5, i7 and I don't understand y? I am using a Atom D525 and my CPU and memory is always below 50% and I get the full speed of my internet 150/150 with IPS disabled but enable IPS and my internet speeds drop allot but even with IPS enabled my memory and CPU is always less then 50% so my question is will a bigger CPU really help me retain my internet speeds of 150/150? and if yes how and y would it help if I am not maxing out my resources on my D525??

Thanks

Look for my username and snort

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

• Hi Barry,

Thanks

Look for my username and snort

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

Children
  • Look for my username and snort

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Now I am more confused then when I started[:(] I have a 150/150MB FiOs connection and I want to get the best performance I can get using Sophos then what the best CPU I should get with out over spec? I want all the security enabled including IPS. This will be for around 5-10 users at any given time and I don't want my bandwidth to be cut in half when using IPS. Would a Celeron J1900 be a good choice over an Atom D525 or should it be something other

Thank you.....