Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hardware recommendation for UTM Home Edition

Hello, I'm looking for a small dual Ethernet machine on which to run Sophos UTM Home Edition. Any recommendations?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • For home edition, what you were pricing out is probably overkill.  Heck, I am only running a Pentium 4 HT with 4 Gigs of RAM with a 20 Mbps Cable pipe.  

Yeah, I would try to stay away from Realteks if you can but I currently use them and after some tweaking, they are working more as they should.
  • For home edition, what you were pricing out is probably overkill.  Heck, I am only running a Pentium 4 HT with 4 Gigs of RAM with a 20 Mbps Cable pipe.  

Yeah, I would try to stay away from Realteks if you can but I currently use them and after some tweaking, they are working more as they should.
Children
  • I used the APU board with 4GB of Memory from pcengines.ch

PC Engines apu system boards

- dual core 1GHz CPU, 64bit setup possible, 4GB RAM
    - 3x GigE NIC onboard
    - separate mSATA 128GB SSD ordered

First test results:
    - good performance - full speed with my 125/10Mbps cable connection @ 50% CPU (tested with download of large file and speedtest)
    - 33% of RAM in use
    - Firewall with 27 rules and country blocking, NAT, thread detection, SMTP proxy, Webserver protection, DMZ in use
    - Good performance/price (around CHF260.- for all parts)

- ...but first installation is a little bit tricky as the board has no Video output, but is possible

Hi,
    Could you please share with me how you tweak the Realteks? Sometimes you just cant avoid them and your tweaking guide could be helpful.

Thanks....