This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where Can I find backup files on filesystem ?

Hi People,

I need to find where are the backup files automatically generated by Astaro in the filesystem.

Where the backup files are stored ?

I logged in Astaro by ssh and tried to search "find / -name *.abf" but no luck. No files were found.

Regards,

Douglas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Welcome, oew, to the User BB!

What do you mean by "E-Mail Backup isn't nice"?  What problem are you trying to solve?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • dpasqua: the backup files do not have the .abf extension, so they do not import into WebAdmin.  Do you just want to import them, or restore from one?

If you copy a backup from one system to another via shell you can restore from the command line if that's your goal.

oew: can you clarify "email isn't nice"?  If you are concerned about security, use encrypted backups (with a good passphrase).  Also, keep in mind that adding third-party packages to the Astaro is not supported.
  • @ BAlsfon

i try to include the backup in my backupprocess, so i get the email and have to manuelly put it wherever.

@JackDaniel

clarify email isn't nice see answare to BAlsfon.

I try to get a nightly automatic backup that stores the backup not on the same machine and rotates them over a period i choose.
    A E-Mail Backup can't do that.

So a solutoin for me can look like this.

my central rsnapshot process copy every night at 00:00 the Backup files via scp from the astaro to my backup storage and rotates the older files.
    For these files i need a process for crashrecovery, like upload it in the webfrontend or for me the more pleasently way i can restore it on the commandline.

hope no i have clarified my intend.

bye oew
  • dpasqua: the backup files do not have the .abf extension, so they do not import into WebAdmin.  Do you just want to import them, or restore from one?

If you copy a backup from one system to another via shell you can restore from the command line if that's your goal.

oew: can you clarify "email isn't nice"?  If you are concerned about security, use encrypted backups (with a good passphrase).  Also, keep in mind that adding third-party packages to the Astaro is not supported.

Hi Jack,

Can you please give me a little more detail on how to restore a backup (copied from another system) with the command line?

I've had a box die on me (hardware issue) and it will really make it less painful to restore if I can just grab the automatic backup's off the old HDD and put them onto the new system to restore.
  • Hello Lemo

backups are in :
    /var/confd/var/storage/snapshots

to list backups:
    /usr/local/bin/backup.plx -l 

Once you have the right backup in the right place, to restore a backup:
    /backup.plx -i /var/confd/var/storage/snapshots/cfg_5566_1200772863 
    (specifying the appropriate backup file, of course)

Hope this helps

Jack
  • backups are in : 
    /var/confd/var/storage/snapshots 

how can I get there? I tried using ssh (putty) or the provided console. I couldnt find a way to browse to /var/confd/var/storage/snapshots. Any help would be highly appreciated

My XG is setup to backup daily at midnight locally on the device itself. I am trying to restore to July 16th or July 17th but I cant browse/locate those automatically created backups yet to restore from them.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi Sergey,

This Thread and this KBA is UTM(SG) Only. 

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/119814

You are looking for a XG Backup Mechanism? Please open a Thread in the XG Community. https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply Children
No Data