Sophos UTM - Web Filtering blocking Ubisoft Connect - Connection Lost

Hi all,

This is related to an earlier thread -  Ubisoft Connect - Service unavailable 

So, this Ubisoft Connect application used to work with no issues. Haven't used it for ages and now my son has purchased a game that is accessed by this client software. Neither of us can get this to connect - the app will just sit there and say' Connection Lost'. 

Currently using Web Filtering in full transparent mode. If I disable Web Filtering, then the application works and connects. Switching Web Filtering back on and it fails again. 

The trouble is, there is only one item mentioned in the Web Filtering logs which is related to the certificate on host dmx.upc.ubisoft.com. If I add this as an exception, then the issue is no longer logged but still can't connect. I have also tried adding to the transparent skiplist, but still doesn't work.

I'm now at a loss. Web Filtering is blocking this somewhere but there is nothing being logged which means there's nothing for me add as an exception etc. 

I could really do with some help about how to drill down as to what Web Filtering is doing that may be blocking this client app from connecting. As a last resort I guess I could play around with Wireshark, but as it seems to be the Web Filtering module that is blocking this, I would have thought this should be being logged somewhere?

Thanks.

Parents Reply
  • Hi Vivek,

No, it's definitely the UTM as if I disable Web Filtering, everything works OK. So, the issue is with the Web Filtering but nothing is being flagged as being blocked and in fact there are no log entries being created when attempting to run the client software which is why it is proving so troublesome. Logging is working as it's picking up any other web site access etc., but nothing is being picked up when I try and connect with the client software.

Cheers. 

Children