This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to block pages with multiple specific words in name

My students are getting more than a little distracted with the cookie clicker web game. It is one of those flash based type games. Every time I block a domain that hosts an instance of the game, they find another one to play.

Is there a way I can block pages with wildcards? I would really like to block all pages that contain 'cookie' AND 'clicker', something like this:   *cookie*clicker*.*

Marvin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Maybe something like:

/([cookie-clicker]) \w+ /g

Then add some of the same, replacing 'cookie-clicker' with your others, such as just 'cookie' and 'clicker'.

Whole word only could go:

/(?=.*\bcookie-clicker\b)/g

And of course, edit to include other strings as you need.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Maybe something like:

/([cookie-clicker]) \w+ /g

Then add some of the same, replacing 'cookie-clicker' with your others, such as just 'cookie' and 'clicker'.

Whole word only could go:

/(?=.*\bcookie-clicker\b)/g

And of course, edit to include other strings as you need.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children
  • I've replied twice to this. Each time it says my message needs to be vetted by a moderator. No moderator has blessed it yet I guess.

Short version is that I can't get your suggestions to work and that the sophos UTM seems to have it's own unique semantics.

I can, in a an online regular expression tool, make an expression that does exactly what I want, but that expression doesn't do what I want in the UTM. Any other ideas? Or a proven example I can work from?

I'd be more specific, but I keep getting nailed for spam. Hopefully this message doesn't.