This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VoIP Problems: Softphones not registering reliably

We have been having problems with some coworkers not being able to reliably register their softphones (PhonerLite).

Their softphones sometimes register with the SIP server (our two FritzBoxes serve as two individual SIP servers, each of them with 10 business phone numbers registered and active via Vodafone (ISP).

It seems that this pertains almost exclusively to the FritzBox with the local IP of 10.10.115.1.

Uplink Balancing is enabled, which has been working fine up until recently (since we started experiencing VoIP problems).

The people affected by it the most at the moment are people working from home, which are connected via SSLVPN (OpenVPN).

I'm suspecting a lack of proper Multipath rules to contribute to the problem, but I'm not sure. At the moment, all Multipath rules are deactivated.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to capture the traffic of a failed registration process so far.

Any help, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Chris - your second thread - welcome to the UTM Community!

What version are you on - 9.714?  Did this problem begin to occur when you applied an Up2Date?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

According to the UTM interface, firmware and patterns are up to date (the most recent ones installed).

To be honest, I had never considered the problem having anything to do with a firmware update and didn't pay attention

to any connection between the two (firmware and VOIP problems).

Are there known VOIP problems associated with the 9.714 version? Would you suggest installing a previous

firmware version?

Thanks.

Chris

• This morning all softphones that register via 10.10.115.1 were not able to do so (408 timeout). Then at around 1pm, they all of a sudden all registered. The same happened yesterday. It appears that some kind of lease time is involved in this.

I also noticed that there is a new firmware available via the Downloads section on the Sophos website. I will try to install the upgrade in the evening and see if that makes a difference.

• There was an issue with the SSL VPN in an earlier version, Chris, that's why I asked about the timing.  Your last post makes me think yor problem isn't the UTM.

Let us know!

Cheers und mfG aus Oklahoma - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA