This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web browser issue for a web browser

I have a HyperV web browser. I can access that Web browser from my machine without any issue.

But I cannot access this web browser from other machines in Company.

Where can I add in UTM  that web browser to access for other machines?

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • This is kind of "wash me, but don't make me wet", sorry.

I was asking to help you, not to disturb you. Without knowing about your config, I can't give any advice.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
  • I know what you mean, but on the UTM 9 are defined which machines can access to the HyperV web browser, my machine is included, but I cannot find the entry

• OK.

[Glass ball modus=ON] On the Sophos UTM have a look at Network Protection/Firewall then "rules" and search for a rule containing your Hyper-V host. Then try to modify source and/or destination in this rule.[Glass ball modus=OFF]

There should be an object for the IP address of your Hyper-V machine, this is what you are looking for.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I'll preface by saying i've never used HyperV, but imagine it functions similarly to vmware's vmworkstation.

As such, the latter does a sort of nat function between the device's network interface and a virtual nic. This is done in part to isolate the vm to some extent from the host. Vmworkstation's network editor looks like this.

So, what I gather from the conversation is the OP is attempting to connect to the guest vm (which resides on this NATted network) using external lan clients.

It appears to facilitate this function, VM's network editor allows one to map a port forwarding function. That is inbound traffic to the host on port X gets routed to a VM on port Y.

This functionality has nothing to do with UTM or any firewall rules.  In fact, it's quite messy to say the least.

@OP, if you want to play with virtual machines, either set the guest's network to be bridged (same subnet as pc running hyperv), or use a proper level 1 hypervisor (proxmox, esxi, etc.)

GIGO!