This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WOL not working with VLANs

Hi,

currently I use the SG105 running UTM 9.511 and I connect by SSH to Terminal of the UTM and execute the following Command as root.

Commmand: /usr/sbin/ether-wake -i NIC ---MAC--- (Example: /usr/sbin/ether-wake -i eth0 00:00:00:00:00:00)

this works only when on the Network Interface is one Network, without VLAN-tag), but ...

... how to modify the Command (or use another Option/Command), to wake an Device in another VLAN up?

thanks in Advance for your Help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Try ifconfig to find the interface-name ...

For a device within VLAN12 you may use /usr/sbin/ether-wake -i eth0.12 00:00:00:00:00:00

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Try ifconfig to find the interface-name ...

For a device within VLAN12 you may use /usr/sbin/ether-wake -i eth0.12 00:00:00:00:00:00

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children