This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi devices + separate zone network => device connects but gets kicked off

I've got an issue with WiFi networks on our UTM+AP55 combo. A WiFi network using the "Bridge to AP LAN" feature works fine. However, I'd like to have a separate zone for a hotspot, and here things are not working as expected.

I've currently set up the hotspot to act like a normal open network for testing (no auth, no real hotspot functionality, just connect -> immediate access) with a basic DHCP, masquerade, DNS and a simple rule for accessing the internet using a wlanX interface.

Currently a device that connects to the hotspot network will receive an IP from the UTMs DHCP... but will not be able to actually access any resources as expected. And after some 20 seconds or so the device will be disconnected.

I've checked the WiFi log and there's nothing in there indicating any issues. Similar thing with the firewall log. I've tested this on two clients: my phone and my laptop, so it's unlikely to be a client-side issue.

Any idea what could be the problem?

PS. Our hotspot USED to work fine. This seems to be some kind of recent issue, but I cannot say when it started.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Would check, if there is a DHCP-reservation for this device/MAC within another lease ...

(This is a XG-Problem ... but possible an SG Problem too) 

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.