This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos SG UTM: OTP QR Code doesn't work

Hello everyone,

I’m having problems with OTP in Sophos UTM. I enabled OTP passwords to improve security on SSL VPN and User Portal with 2F authentication:

When I access the User Portal with the user that the OTP is enabled, the screen with the QR code to add in the Authentication application is shown:

After readed the QR Code and added the account on authentication app, I clicked Proceed with login to download e install SSL VPN. However, the same screen is displayed asking to read the QR Code.

The user appears on OTP Tokens but doesn’t work:

I tried using diferent authentication apps like Sophos Authenticator, Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator. I also tried a clean instalation of Sophos SG UTM in another appliance, tried an older firmware version, nothing worked.

I’m currently using the 9.709-3 firmware version.

Has anyone had this problem or have any idea it could be wrong?

Thanks

Fabio

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Olá Fabio,

If going through the procedure recommended by Janbo doesn't fix this for you, please copy the relevant lines here from the User authentication log when the login fails.

Cheers - Bob
    PS my lab is on 9.707 and this works fine with the Sophos Authenticator app on my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Olá Fabio,

If going through the procedure recommended by Janbo doesn't fix this for you, please copy the relevant lines here from the User authentication log when the login fails.

Cheers - Bob
    PS my lab is on 9.707 and this works fine with the Sophos Authenticator app on my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children