This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

asg Sophos utm 9.7 ideas

Dear Sophos support

As  tried to share some ideas and its written in the Ideas page but sounds that nobody read :D
So I thought to yell my ideas in the support chat but sounds the matter so complicated and the chat Guy WAS NOT helpful..
So i thought to Yell my Ideas Here maybe somebody reads :D
1- DHCP 
A)DHCP IPv4 Lease Table Order Please include the possibility to order the table by clicking the column label.
 B)Adding a button  to release DHCP USers before TTL ends 
2-Logs
 A) Logging PcS visited websites or program that access internet Logging each pc by ip visited websites or program that access internet on sophos utm 
3-Interface
 A) Adding Dark mode interface.. it will make a lot happy :)
Thanks and Expecting Feedback 
Regards!
1- DHCP A)DHCP IP

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It would also be nice to add the ability to specify the time for the backup. Backup at 1:15 is not convenient for me
    And about DHCP is correctly written, you need a button to unload "dead IP". And in licensing -> active IP addresses <make a display of active IP addresses of devices that do not have an authorization agent (this is how I use my resources). When used without an authorization agent, the active IP section is displayed after 10 hours !!

• Privet Alexey,

You can edit /etc/crontab and /etc/crontab.backupmail to change the backup time.  You might want to add a line to /etc/crontab-static to make the change to /etc/crontab.backupmail happen after every reboot.  Let us know what you do.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Can you write the entire editing command? I have been dealing with Windows systems all my life and I am very far from Linux.

• For example,

edit /etc/crontab.backupmail

That shows you:

To backup at 02:30, touch i (insert), change "15 1" to "30 2" and then touch [esc] to leave insert mode.  Finally, save using the command :wq (colon write quit).

In crontab,the backup command is near the top of the file.  Just make the same changes as above.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I changed the backup time setting, saved it. The backup at 0-00 was done only once, after turning off the UTM and restarting the backup, the backup is made again at 1-15.

• What does ll  /etc/crontab.backupmail tell you - was it rewritten on reboot?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children
No Data