This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

asg Sophos utm 9.7 ideas

Dear Sophos support

As  tried to share some ideas and its written in the Ideas page but sounds that nobody read :D
So I thought to yell my ideas in the support chat but sounds the matter so complicated and the chat Guy WAS NOT helpful..
So i thought to Yell my Ideas Here maybe somebody reads :D
1- DHCP 
A)DHCP IPv4 Lease Table Order Please include the possibility to order the table by clicking the column label.
 B)Adding a button  to release DHCP USers before TTL ends 
2-Logs
 A) Logging PcS visited websites or program that access internet Logging each pc by ip visited websites or program that access internet on sophos utm 
3-Interface
 A) Adding Dark mode interface.. it will make a lot happy :)
Thanks and Expecting Feedback 
Regards!
1- DHCP A)DHCP IP

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hala and welcome to the UTM Community!

Sophos is not adding new capabilities to the UTM any more - those efforts are going into the XG which still doesn't offer as much as the UTM.  Your ideas in 1 and t3 are good, but I don't ever expect to see them in the UTM.

Your idea in 2 is already in place.  Look at 'Logging & Reporting >> Web Protection'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • It would also be nice to add the ability to specify the time for the backup. Backup at 1:15 is not convenient for me
    And about DHCP is correctly written, you need a button to unload "dead IP". And in licensing -> active IP addresses <make a display of active IP addresses of devices that do not have an authorization agent (this is how I use my resources). When used without an authorization agent, the active IP section is displayed after 10 hours !!

• It is a pity that Sophos does not meet the wishes of users. I know companies that have lost customers because of this and not only. And it would be nice to make the program interface without "dead vertical stripes on the left and right". It seems that the developers are nostalgic for the days of 4: 3 monitors !!! :-)

• We pay for this sh*t to work with... 

So as long they pay they have to listen to us.. else the social media will have different word Relaxed

Maybe we switch to fortigate?

• Sophos is not adding new capabilities to the UTM any more - those efforts are going into the XG which still doesn't offer as much as the UTM. 

I think this will be my straw to break the back, so to speak.  I think XG is clunky, the interface is not user friendly, Any -> Any rules on by default, and has been in maintenance release for a while.

Kind of tired of beta testing for free with companies' products line.  

Endpoint has been discontinued for a long while now, and they can't even be bothered with taking it out of UTM.  I'll probably have to start looking at OpnSense or other paid options, or maybe even go back to Cisco PIX.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Privet Alexey,

You can edit /etc/crontab and /etc/crontab.backupmail to change the backup time.  You might want to add a line to /etc/crontab-static to make the change to /etc/crontab.backupmail happen after every reboot.  Let us know what you do.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Can you write the entire editing command? I have been dealing with Windows systems all my life and I am very far from Linux.

• For example,

edit /etc/crontab.backupmail

That shows you:

To backup at 02:30, touch i (insert), change "15 1" to "30 2" and then touch [esc] to leave insert mode.  Finally, save using the command :wq (colon write quit).

In crontab,the backup command is near the top of the file.  Just make the same changes as above.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I changed the backup time setting, saved it. The backup at 0-00 was done only once, after turning off the UTM and restarting the backup, the backup is made again at 1-15.

• What does ll  /etc/crontab.backupmail tell you - was it rewritten on reboot?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA