This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ha_daemon -c takeover no effect

Hi all,

due to a SFP change at one of our clusternode I was trying to use the 

ha_daemon -c takeover 

to change the active node. After hitting <enter> nothing happened and the node kept being the active node.

Cluster is a SG230 running firmware 9.705-3

Do I miss something? Do I need to use an other command? Pretty new into Sophos... Tried this command on a SG210-Cluster which was working as expected.

And I don´t want to shut off the node where I need to change the SFP.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Did you try to run the command as a root user? If not, try to switch to the root user with "su -" and run the command. 

However, to install/change/update the SFP module, you would have to power down both nodes and install the new hardware. 

The next step would be to power up the primary and then secondary unit and then run the following command from the backend: 

• setitfhw.plx

This will reset the interface objects, and then the Flexiport module should be visible on the GUI.

Thanks,

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Did you try to run the command as a root user? If not, try to switch to the root user with "su -" and run the command. 

However, to install/change/update the SFP module, you would have to power down both nodes and install the new hardware. 

The next step would be to power up the primary and then secondary unit and then run the following command from the backend: 

• setitfhw.plx

This will reset the interface objects, and then the Flexiport module should be visible on the GUI.

Thanks,

Children
  • Hi Harsh,

yes I am connected as the root user. 

But logged in as loginuser and then only used "su" without a "-", can´t believe this makes any difference?

I mean, I want to swap a single SFP not the whole SFP module. And maybe it is fine to do it without a failover, but I would like to use the command and be safe there will be no problem by disconnecting the current SFP.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Marc P1

Hi ,

Adding "-" or "-l" has two effects; read more about them at the following link: 

The command works, I confirmed in my LAB with or without "-"

Could you please double-check the HA status from Management > High Availability > Status? Is it Active/Ready?.

However, I would schedule a proper maintenance window to make any hardware changes to avoid any service outage during production hours.

Thanks,

• ok, many thanks for verifing!

I´ll test the command on friday again and will write the result here again. If it is not working I´ll need to do a real maintanance.

• ok, got it...

utm:/root # ha_daemon -c takeover
    HA control: cannot perform takeover: SLAVE is not in state ACTIVE

well, HA didn´t really work. Reason may be, because we had a big change beginning this year, where we installed a fibre module into each device and disconnected all old ethernet connection.

Searching for a solution to solve the "unliked" status I removed "HA Monitoring" from the interfaces-hardware column, of every unused eth-port. afterwards all worked and I was able to do the command.