This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to connect Sophos SG125 for HA (active-passive)

Hello, we have 2x Sophos SG125. Node 1 and Node 2. I would like to have HA (active and passive) but I dont know how to connect it right with ethernet cables. The only thing what I connect is from HA (Node 1) to eth7 (Node2).Can you help how I should connect ethernet cables? Node 2 should be the master. Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • FormerMember
    +1 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to Sophos Community.

You can set up the cable connection by referring to the below diagram.

Please refer support.sophos.com/.../KB-000038677 article to configure High Availability in Hot-Standby (Active-Passive).

• Ahoj Jiri and welcome to the UTM Community!

Follow the recommendations from Yash.  Note that both UTMs must be cabled identically - your picture shows that they are not.

I developed the following instructions for one of my clients:

1. If needed, do a quick, temporary install so that the new device can download Up2Dates.
    2. Apply the Up2Dates to the same version as the current unit, do a factory reset and shutdown.
    3. On the current UTM in use, on the 'Configuration' tab of 'High Availability':
       a. Disable and then enable Hot-Standby
       b. Select eth3 as the Sync NIC
       c. Configure it as Node_1
       d. Enter an encryption key (I've never found a need to remember it)
       e. Select 'Enable automatic configuration of new devices'
       f. I prefer to use 'Preferred Master: None' and 'Backup interface: Internal'
    4. Cable eth3 to eth3 on the new device.
    5. Cable all of the other NICs exactly as they are on the original UTM.
    6. Power up the new device and wait for the good news.Wink

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello, thank you for your answer. So I will connect it from HA (Node1) to HA (Node2) and reconfigure it. Thank you for help.