This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM dns leak?

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello

I use sophos utm. I have one normal ethernet connetion  and another ethernet connection that use DNSCrypt for linux. The second ethernet connection (DNSCrypt) is the same with normal ethernet connection, except that IPV4 settings I use Automatic DHCP addresses only and I put 127.0.2.1 in DNS section.

When I go to browserleaks.com/ip and I chech my DNS servers in DNSCrypt connection I see ONLY dns servers from dnscrypt when I have in Sophos utm Do not proxy HTTPS traffic in transparent mode in Transparent mode.

The same result is when I have Standard mode and Do not proxy HTTPS traffic in transparent mode uncheked.

When I have Transparent mode with Do not proxy HTTPS traffic in transparent mode unchecked I have dns leaks. browserleaks.com/ip show an my local isp dns.

What can I do to avoid DNS leaks in Transparent mode and option " Do not proxy HTTPS traffic in transparent mode" unchecked?

Thank you

BAlfson: ANSWERED! He solved this issue by unchecking the option "Enable Pharming protection" in Web Filtering.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.