This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote Access SSL Change - does this type of change require a new profile for end users?

I am not an expert on the Sophos UTM but I know enough to be dangerous.

Recently, under Remote Access > SSL > Settings, we made a change to the port being used which required every employee using the VPN to download a new config/profile on every device they use. On Windows, it's an easy installation, but not so straightforward on iOS devices (and sometimes MacBooks if the end-user isn't really familiar with VPN's)

I didn't realize that a change to that port number would cause a new config (because I'm ignorant and in a hurry), but I understand now why it would.

The Problem:

I need to allow multiple user connections concurrently. For example, our Software Dev team (most of whom work remotely) runs a Macbook, with a Windows VM on it.   Both "devices" need to connect to the VPN.

If I change that one setting that allows multiple concurrent sessions under Remote Access > SSL > Settings Tab (there is a check box at the bottom) will that also require that all users download/install a new profile?

I was hoping that a global setting like that would NOT affect individual profiles.

But I've been wrong before (obviously).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data