This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What Are Some Use-Cases For Dedicated IP Address?

Just recently I came to the realization that a Dedicated IP is very useful if you are a website owner (for restricted access), a gamer (in case of hosting dedicated servers), a community person (who's participates in different communities). Besides these, what other use-cases do you think dedicated IP can be beneficial? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • In the business environment, if you publish services, you have static IP addresses anyway. These are also not shared. What one needs such a thing for as a private user does not open up to me immediately, because one hardly operates a mail server in such a way.

By the way, these statements only apply to IPv4. And a secure access to web pages I would realize with client or user certificates.

Mainly this serves the sales promotion for the product VPN.

But this is only my personal opinion.

Best

Alex

-

• In the business environment, if you publish services, you have static IP addresses anyway. These are also not shared. What one needs such a thing for as a private user does not open up to me immediately, because one hardly operates a mail server in such a way.

By the way, these statements only apply to IPv4. And a secure access to web pages I would realize with client or user certificates.

Mainly this serves the sales promotion for the product VPN.

But this is only my personal opinion.

Best

Alex

-

Children
No Data