This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WebAdmin password rest fails

Hello,

i have reset my webadmin password trough the bootloader change 

but after i set a new password i still cant log back in, what is hapening here.

i want te get back in my firewall and router.

have reset is 3 tines and rebooted the firewall, i am verry diapointed with the sophos home utm firewall.

it ran for sevral days and all of a sudden after the weekend i cant log in any more

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Michel,

It could be an issue with incorrect mapping of keyboard on the VM, did you verify the password you type in clear text on a text file? Try, "admin" as a password, plain text no special characters and update us if that works. 

Thanks,

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi yes i did because i used a random generator and copy pasted the password in to my password fault wich indeed shows in plain text so i could check if it copeid corectly.

after i checked that i saved the password in the vault and ticked copy password from there to a notepad password was the same as the webbased ramdom generator showed. 

from the note i copied it in to the new password fields after the system_password_reset was issued.

still gave me back invaild username password.

even after i copied the password from the notepad again.

I already am setting up opnsense firewall/router i am done with sophos come on suddenly after a weekend of not login in i cant log in anymore and need to change boot loader entries and if that failed i need to reinstall the whole thing again. defenatly not my kind of firewall software.