Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

• Hi, ruckus, and welcome to the User BB!

How is this information different from that available in the Help or User's Manual?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks for the question.

The articles are primarily designed to supplement the documentation.   All the new features will most likely be covered in the documentation to a point, but maybe not to the same level of detail.

Ultimately they should help existing users play 'spot the difference' between versions and highlight the advantages of an upgrade. [:)]

Articles are quicker to produce and publish.  They are easy to share (or quote in forums).  We're open suggestions for further information that would help.

We hope you find them useful.

Do you find the existing knowledgebase articles on UTM topics and their format as useful as the documentation/help (or more so)?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Bravo!

Check out the thread started by Heike: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/51/t/21756

My one suggestion for the KB is to make it a Wiki.  Astaro finally changed over to that several years ago, and it allowed several of us to offer our own white papers and to maintain them!

Since I was the most obnoxious one pushing for the wiki ([;)]), the first User article published was one I made, Configuring HTTP/S Proxy Access with AD-SSO on Astaro Security Gateway.  It is in need of a correction and updating to V9.

Several of us here have collaborated on an article that I maintain and distribute via email, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests" - available in German and English.  We're not comfortable just handing it over if it can't be maintained.

I think each of us with something to offer would be happy to have our posts/modifications moderated - an easy thing to do.

Having said all that, "Yes!" - the KB is very helpful and these are the kinds of articles we need - explanations, examples and How-To instructions.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I made, Configuring HTTP/S Proxy Access with AD-SSO on Astaro Security Gateway.  It is in need of a correction and updating to V9.

I've had a go but I'm not a UTM expert.  Let me know if it needs another update: Configuring HTTP/HTTPS proxy access with AD SSO with a Sophos UTM

Several of us here have collaborated on an article that I maintain and distribute via email, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests" - available in German and English.  We're not comfortable just handing it over if it can't be maintained.

What if I maintain it for you? [;)]

My one suggestion for the KB is to make it a Wiki.

To get the ball rolling on developing a wiki KB model we would need to show a steady flow of KB articles being emailed to us.  If these were useful/insightful/expert/beginner articles that need little-to-no review then a few barriers would crumble away.

BTW: We're monitoring support cases being raised with us to determine where to focus.  However our Technical Support team may not be getting all the same questions as partners do.  Therefore don't assume we know - do shout out specifics.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Great job on repairing that article. - Thanks!  I just changed all of my posts where I warned about the unnecessary section.

There are several other articles that need your touch.  Let me find those and I'll get the info to you.

Cheers - Bob
    An email will be on its way to you momentarily.

MediaSoft, Inc. USA