Unfindable KB articles

Were many Astaro articles left off the new site?  Have the names changed to make them unfindable?

Is anyone at Sophos working on this?

I'll be at the Sophos meeting in Dallas tomorrow.  You can bet I'll mention this to Sophos employees there.

Cheers - Bob
  • Hi Bob,

sorry about the inconvenience.
    Can you give me some examples of missing articles?
    I was not directly involved in the Knowledgebase restructuring, but I can probably find out what happened to the articles—or how to find them.

Cheers
    Heike
  • Thanks for picking this up, Heike.

I find missing articles here every day.  Naja... da habe ich gleich was geschrieben...

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/58/t/54733

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I've noticed the previously availabe docs for Uplink Balancing and Multipath are missing.

They had nice examples, which are not found in the manual, etc.

Barry
  • Hi there,

we are aware that the search function of our Knowledgebase still needs improving, we are working on that.

For now, I can just give you some advice how best to find articles:

[LIST=1]On the Sophos website, click Support > Sophos Knowledgebase.
    • In the Within dropdown list, select All Topics.
    • In the Search for text box, enter your search string. If you enter more than one word, the search will look for articles which contain all the words. You can additionally put a search string into quotes to search exactly for the string.
    • Click Search.
    [/LIST]

Following these steps, I tried "remote ipsec" (with quotes) and found your article, Bob: "How to reach a remote ipsec network via openssl user ..."

I also obtained several hits entering Multipath or "Uplink Balancing". However, I don't know if they are the ones you were looking for, Barry.

If the article you are looking for belongs to a specific 'category' or even WebAdmin menu, there is a good alternative:
    [LIST=2]On the Sophos website, click Support > Astaro Knowledgebase.
    • On the appearing Browse tab you find a set of topics more or less related to the UTM WebAdmin menu. Just click the links to walk down the category hierarchy. 
    [/LIST]

Here, for example, I found Bob's article in VPN > Remote Access.

There is also a category Interface Configuration > Uplink-Balancing with some articles in it. A Multipath category, however, is missing.

As I said, there is still room for improvement.
    But for now, I hope I could help you somehow.

Cheers
    Heike
  • Thanks for getting started on this, Heike,
    Following these steps, I tried "remote ipsec" (with quotes) and found your article, Bob: "How to reach a remote ipsec network via openssl user ..."

That's the problem - that's not my article.

Trust me, Barry and I are great searchers - we'll miss something occasionally, but your work so far has only proven that there's a problem with the content - not the search function.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, 

The previously available Multipath/Uplink Balancing articles had examples IN PICTURES.

The current ones have no pictures.
    Also they seem much shorter than before... they were each several pages, and now there is only these short articles:
    Configuring WAN Uplink Balancing on Astaro Security Gateway
    Balancing specific traffic such as HTTP over all WAN Links with Multilink on Astaro Security Gateway

Thanks,
    Barry
  • Hi Bob,

hopefully, I found it ... have a look:
    Howto - Allow Remote Access Users to Reach Another Site via a Site-to-Site Tunnel
    Though it was moved to the new KB, it still had an "internal" state, that's why it could not be found.

and, Barry:
    I found one Multipath/Uplink Balancing article which was not moved to the new KB. It had a pdf attachment "Config Guide to Uplink Load Balancing,
    Multipath und Failover". Please find it attached. Is it the one you were looking for? As it is based on ASG 7, Support decided to update it immediately before uploading it as a new KB article.

The other four articles that had been in the Multipath/Uplink Balancing category in the old KB were moved and are listed here: 
    Browse by topic - Knowledgebase - Support - Sophos

If the article you are looking for was not in this category, it will get trickier ... [;)]

Cheers
    Heike
    305161_Uplink_Balancing_Multipath_Failover_V7.zip
  • Last time I looked for it, the article talking about tar-pitting settings and Exchange 2007/2010, and interoperability with the Astaro / UTM product was missing... I thankfully had a copy I saved to PDF in my archives.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Yes, Heike - Good work!  Someone forgot to include the fact that the article was authored by "Bob Alfson - MediaSoft, Inc." [:D]

Great, If I run onto another good one that's "lost," I'll let you know.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA

• and, Barry:
    I found one Multipath/Uplink Balancing article which was not moved to the new KB. It had a pdf attachment "Config Guide to Uplink Load Balancing,
    Multipath und Failover". Please find it attached. Is it the one you were looking for? As it is based on ASG 7, Support decided to update it immediately before uploading it as a new KB article.

Hi, yes, the attached file looks like one of the ones I remember (except for the German parts :0  ).

The other four articles that had been in the Multipath/Uplink Balancing category in the old KB were moved and are listed here: 
    Browse by topic - Knowledgebase - Support - Sophos

I did see those, but none of them have pictures, and most are quite short.
    Perhaps they could be improved with some examples/pictures for v9?

Thank you,
    Barry