Unfindable KB articles

Were many Astaro articles left off the new site?  Have the names changed to make them unfindable?

Is anyone at Sophos working on this?

I'll be at the Sophos meeting in Dallas tomorrow.  You can bet I'll mention this to Sophos employees there.

Cheers - Bob
Parents
  • I've noticed the previously availabe docs for Uplink Balancing and Multipath are missing.

They had nice examples, which are not found in the manual, etc.

Barry
  • Hi there,

we are aware that the search function of our Knowledgebase still needs improving, we are working on that.

For now, I can just give you some advice how best to find articles:

[LIST=1]On the Sophos website, click Support > Sophos Knowledgebase.
    • In the Within dropdown list, select All Topics.
    • In the Search for text box, enter your search string. If you enter more than one word, the search will look for articles which contain all the words. You can additionally put a search string into quotes to search exactly for the string.
    • Click Search.
    [/LIST]

Following these steps, I tried "remote ipsec" (with quotes) and found your article, Bob: "How to reach a remote ipsec network via openssl user ..."

I also obtained several hits entering Multipath or "Uplink Balancing". However, I don't know if they are the ones you were looking for, Barry.

If the article you are looking for belongs to a specific 'category' or even WebAdmin menu, there is a good alternative:
    [LIST=2]On the Sophos website, click Support > Astaro Knowledgebase.
    • On the appearing Browse tab you find a set of topics more or less related to the UTM WebAdmin menu. Just click the links to walk down the category hierarchy. 
    [/LIST]

Here, for example, I found Bob's article in VPN > Remote Access.

There is also a category Interface Configuration > Uplink-Balancing with some articles in it. A Multipath category, however, is missing.

As I said, there is still room for improvement.
    But for now, I hope I could help you somehow.

Cheers
    Heike
  • Hi there,

we are aware that the search function of our Knowledgebase still needs improving, we are working on that.

For now, I can just give you some advice how best to find articles:

[LIST=1]On the Sophos website, click Support > Sophos Knowledgebase.
    • In the Within dropdown list, select All Topics.
    • In the Search for text box, enter your search string. If you enter more than one word, the search will look for articles which contain all the words. You can additionally put a search string into quotes to search exactly for the string.
    • Click Search.
    [/LIST]

Following these steps, I tried "remote ipsec" (with quotes) and found your article, Bob: "How to reach a remote ipsec network via openssl user ..."

I also obtained several hits entering Multipath or "Uplink Balancing". However, I don't know if they are the ones you were looking for, Barry.

If the article you are looking for belongs to a specific 'category' or even WebAdmin menu, there is a good alternative:
    [LIST=2]On the Sophos website, click Support > Astaro Knowledgebase.
    • On the appearing Browse tab you find a set of topics more or less related to the UTM WebAdmin menu. Just click the links to walk down the category hierarchy. 
    [/LIST]

Here, for example, I found Bob's article in VPN > Remote Access.

There is also a category Interface Configuration > Uplink-Balancing with some articles in it. A Multipath category, however, is missing.

As I said, there is still room for improvement.
    But for now, I hope I could help you somehow.

Cheers
    Heike
Children
No Data