Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

ASG Home Network diagram

Can anyone please tell me if I can find a network diagram somewhere? I have a fritzbox and about 10 devices that connect to the internet. 6 of these devices are connected to the the fritzbox wlan. I need a diagram to know how to connect the appliance to the fritzbox to ensure that all requests (wired and wireless) are going thru the ASG.

thanks in advance

aussie29
Parents
  • Hi, Bob's recommending 

1. you disable the DHCP server on the Fritzbox and enable one on the Astaro EXT interface.

OR

2. put the fritzbox in modem mode, and get another WiFi access point on your internal LAN.

Barry
  • If the Fritzbox can create VLAN's, then you should be able to setup two VLAN's.  VLAN 1 would be used to connect the internet (WAN) inte[H]rface and the external interface of the Astaro server.  VLAN 2 would be used to connect the Astaro internal interface and the Fritzbox Ethernet ports & wireless (WLAN).  The Astaro would perform the routing between the External & Internal interfaces.
    ADSL port = VLAN 1, Fritzbox Ethernet port 1 = VLAN 1, External interface of Astaro connected to Fritzbox Ethernet port 1
    Fritxbox Ethernet port 2,3,4 and WLAN assigned to VLAN 2, Astaro Internal interface connected to Fritzbox Ethernet port 2.
    This uses the existing equipment and isolates External (internet) traffic from Internal traffic and ensures that the Astaro intercepts all data.
    If your understanding of networking is up to it then you can also assign VLAN 1 & 2 to Fritzbox Ethernet port 1.  If you are using VMWare as your Astaro server then you can user 1 NIC and send both VLAN 1 & 2 traffic from the Astaro server.  That should be[:$] possible and frees three Ethernet ports on the Fritzbox.  The first design is easier but uses two Ethernet ports on the Fritzbox.
  • If the Fritzbox can create VLAN's, then you should be able to setup two VLAN's.  VLAN 1 would be used to connect the internet (WAN) inte[H]rface and the external interface of the Astaro server.  VLAN 2 would be used to connect the Astaro internal interface and the Fritzbox Ethernet ports & wireless (WLAN).  The Astaro would perform the routing between the External & Internal interfaces.
    ADSL port = VLAN 1, Fritzbox Ethernet port 1 = VLAN 1, External interface of Astaro connected to Fritzbox Ethernet port 1
    Fritxbox Ethernet port 2,3,4 and WLAN assigned to VLAN 2, Astaro Internal interface connected to Fritzbox Ethernet port 2.
    This uses the existing equipment and isolates External (internet) traffic from Internal traffic and ensures that the Astaro intercepts all data.
    If your understanding of networking is up to it then you can also assign VLAN 1 & 2 to Fritzbox Ethernet port 1.  If you are using VMWare as your Astaro server then you can user 1 NIC and send both VLAN 1 & 2 traffic from the Astaro server.  That should be[:$] possible and frees three Ethernet ports on the Fritzbox.  The first design is easier but uses two Ethernet ports on the Fritzbox.
Children
No Data