Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

Free For Bussiness and Site2Site VPN

Hello, 
for 2 weeks I need a Free For Business version of Sophos UTM. I need it because we are moving our HQ to another location, so I plan to use an old ASG 220 rev.3 in our old office and use it for a Site 2 Site VPN (connected to our ASG 220 rev.5 in the new HQ). In other words, we should use the 220 in a similar way of a RED device (but I prefer not to buy it because it's only for 2 weeks!). 

I have read that Free for business supports L2TP over IPsec and PPTP. Can I set up a SiteToSite VPN using these protocols?

Thanks
eclipse79
Parents
  • Very classy, Drew, but I never suspected otherwise! Thanks!

You're right, Sophos is likely to offer a 30-day demo license for the same reason.  That, and it likely costs more to sell a 30-day license than they sell it for. [;)]

The RED technology is really powerful.  In the past, if you found yourself stuck with two locations on the same subnet, you had to use a regular VPN with phantom subnets and a bunch of NAT rules.  Now, it's possible to change a few fixed IPs, the DHCP range on each side and bridge them with a RED - done and no added complexity!  The same thing can be accomplished with a RED tunnel between two ASG/UTMs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Very classy, Drew, but I never suspected otherwise! Thanks!

You're right, Sophos is likely to offer a 30-day demo license for the same reason.  That, and it likely costs more to sell a 30-day license than they sell it for. [;)]

The RED technology is really powerful.  In the past, if you found yourself stuck with two locations on the same subnet, you had to use a regular VPN with phantom subnets and a bunch of NAT rules.  Now, it's possible to change a few fixed IPs, the DHCP range on each side and bridge them with a RED - done and no added complexity!  The same thing can be accomplished with a RED tunnel between two ASG/UTMs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data