ATP - turned it off and on and broke some parts of XG

Hi folks,

I  have been trying to workout an issue with my iPhone and my iPad. The iPadconectes to all applications without any issues, theiPhone fails to connect, with have the same CA installed.

I disabled ATP and HTTPS scanning, the iPhone then connected to the failing applications. Move the iPhone to less secure firewall and re-eanble https scanning and ATP on the mail firewall rule.

The results some logs no longer have any updated entries. None of the failing access which were caused by SSL errors according to the application s on theiPhone show in any logs. I have been investigating this for days and not found one denied access in the logs.

But having turned ATP on again, the applications on both devices are very slow and my MBP does not show any log entries.

I will restart the XG to see if that restores normality.

Ian

Parents Reply
  • Hi Rana Sharma,

I have upgraded to the EAP 3 refresh 1 and conducted some extensive testing with ATP and I have disabled SSL/TLS. The issue with the ATP appears to have been fixed. A comment - the ATP does affect web site response times.

I am still having issues with sites failing SSL/TLS security and there is nothing in the logs that I can see that relates to the failures. XG is doing something to the sites which is breaking the trust between end devices and the web server. I will add an exception for one site and see what happens.

Ian

Update - exception had no affect.

Update 2 -  turning ATP off waiting awhile for more testing turning ATP back on, sites are slower to load, some sites giving ssl errors. Restart XG site connection speed impriove, ssl errors except for one of my ISPs.

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
No Data