ATP - turned it off and on and broke some parts of XG

Hi folks,

I  have been trying to workout an issue with my iPhone and my iPad. The iPadconectes to all applications without any issues, theiPhone fails to connect, with have the same CA installed.

I disabled ATP and HTTPS scanning, the iPhone then connected to the failing applications. Move the iPhone to less secure firewall and re-eanble https scanning and ATP on the mail firewall rule.

The results some logs no longer have any updated entries. None of the failing access which were caused by SSL errors according to the application s on theiPhone show in any logs. I have been investigating this for days and not found one denied access in the logs.

But having turned ATP on again, the applications on both devices are very slow and my MBP does not show any log entries.

I will restart the XG to see if that restores normality.

Ian

Parents
  • Hi  

Thanks for the feedback.Sending you PM for more detailing.

Thanks,

Rana Sharma

• Hi Raan Sharma,

I have relied to your PM.

Update. Disabled SSL/TLS scanning in the advanced tab. Waited about an hour then disabled the ATP, the web browsing performance improved fro all devices. Enabled ATP and some sites take a very long time to load and also present SSL errors on the iPhone. Some sites load the summary page, but not the detailed report eg ABC news app (ABC.com.au). The website loads very quickly on the MBP.

The apple app store does load on both the iPhone and MBP. but only after about a minute.

I cannot find anything in the logs that point to what is causing the issue.

Last time was an XG restart, but I will wait until you have had chance to investigate. Also the Sophos community pages take a long time to update.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Raan Sharma,

I have relied to your PM.

Update. Disabled SSL/TLS scanning in the advanced tab. Waited about an hour then disabled the ATP, the web browsing performance improved fro all devices. Enabled ATP and some sites take a very long time to load and also present SSL errors on the iPhone. Some sites load the summary page, but not the detailed report eg ABC news app (ABC.com.au). The website loads very quickly on the MBP.

The apple app store does load on both the iPhone and MBP. but only after about a minute.

I cannot find anything in the logs that point to what is causing the issue.

Last time was an XG restart, but I will wait until you have had chance to investigate. Also the Sophos community pages take a long time to update.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children