EAP 2 - Ram Utilisation

Dear All, 

my system has 4 GB of RAM and with EAP2, memory utilisation is 84%. 

Sophos: is this the normal or what you expect for such a system?

Thanks

Parents
  • Fascinating graphs - wonder why those saw bumps in memory usage are there. My (home) XG125 with it's 4 Gigs only is running quite stable with a quite high, but stable mem usage. It's mainly handling family traffic, some intermittent guests and tons of IoT devices.

Very obvious is the load drop after EAP2 installation.

The box has quite everything active, SyncSec, WAF, DPI, WIFI, IPS, AppControl, OSPF etc...

And I just found a bug too - seems that the various RED tunnels and the RED15W aren't shown in the dashboard at all (0/0)

In my case I have little bit headache, that swap space obviously is in use 100%. Will dig little deeper in a spare minute, which process(es) are swapping so much...

However - the EAP2 is running anyway fluid and without issues for me personally so far. I will have a look later which processes sucks away that memory....

• I'm sure you already know but using top, you can do a "Shift-O" and select "n" and press Enter to sort by %MEM. It's definitely the five instances of snort running that's consuming most of the memory.

I just upgraded from 4GB to 8GB. Showing 42% memory usage and 0k of swap used. But like you mentioned, EAP2 was running stable for me as well with 4GB, 90% memory usage and a bunch of swap memory being used.

I really hope Sophos allows Home users to utilize up to 8GB with v18.

---

Sophos XG guides for home users: https://shred086.wordpress.com/

• I'm sure you already know but using top, you can do a "Shift-O" and select "n" and press Enter to sort by %MEM. It's definitely the five instances of snort running that's consuming most of the memory.

I just upgraded from 4GB to 8GB. Showing 42% memory usage and 0k of swap used. But like you mentioned, EAP2 was running stable for me as well with 4GB, 90% memory usage and a bunch of swap memory being used.

I really hope Sophos allows Home users to utilize up to 8GB with v18.

---

Sophos XG guides for home users: https://shred086.wordpress.com/

Children