Important note about SSL VPN compatibility for 20.0 MR1 with EoL SFOS versions and UTM9 OS. Learn more in the release notes.

Static Route zwischen WatchGuard und Sophos XG

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe vor kurzem eine WatchGuard Firewall installiert und die zuvor bestehende Sophos XG als Management Gerät für die AccessPoints an das alte Subnetz angeschlossen.

Zuvor war nur die Sophos als Hauptfirewall an dem Standort, nun ist die WatchGuard die Hauptfirewall und die Sophos dient nur für die Verbindung für die Sophos AccessPoints.

Aktuell ist es so, dass die WLAN Clients und die Sophos keine Internetverbindung über die WatchGuard aufbauen können. Daher möchte ich eine Route auf der WatchGuard und auf der Sophos erstellen, sodass die Sophos APs und die WLAN Clients über die WatchGuard auch eine Verbindung untereinander haben.

Wie muss ich den die Route auf der Sophos und der Watchguard konfigurieren, damit das 192.168.99.x Netz auch über den WAN Port der WatchGuard raus ins Internet könnnen?

Zudem möchte ich das bestehende Netz 192.168.99.x/24 für Gäste Wlan getrennt vom produktiven Netz 10.10.1.x/24 bestehend lassen und eine zweite SSID Verbindung für das produktive Netz 10.10.1.x erstellen.

Wie muss hier die Konfiguration auf beiden Firewalls eingerichtet werden damit dies funktioniert?

Muss ich eine standard Route auf beiden Firewalls erstellen und dann noch eine Firewall Regel auf beiden Seiten. Wie genau sieht hier die Konfiguration aus?

Besten Dank vorab für die Unterstützung.

Grüsse

Added TAGs
[edited by: Raphael Alganes at 9:33 AM (GMT -7) on 11 Jun 2024]
Parents
  • Hello Florian,

Thanks for reaching out to Sophos Community.

Could you confirm what IP does the Sophos Firewall has on this interface? is the zone configured here WAN or LAN? If this is WAN I suspect traffic from 192.168.99.x/24 network is being NATed/Masq going out to SF Interface IP-> Network switch-> to Watchguard. If this is the setup kindly confirm that WG has policy allowed for the WAN IP of the Sophos Firewall. 

Raphael Alganes
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Sophos Support Videos Product Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

• Hello Raphael,

Thanks for your fast reply and help! Sorry i made a mistake. The configured Port on the Sophos is on Port 1 LAN interface.

With that port it reaches the switch with the sophos interface ip 192.168.99.1 IP.

From the WatchGuard FW I am able to ping the 192.168.99.1 Sophos Interface IP.

Do I need to setup a static route on both sides to get access from the Sophos Network to the WG WAN Interface?

• Hello Florian,

Thanks for the details. From the AP clients connected to SF, are you able to ping WG interface 192.168.99.2? What is the default gateway/DNS settings set for the AP clients? Is the Interface where AP is connected to SF bridged to where Sophos Firewall connected to WG? 

Could you also confirm if there's a policy configured on Watchguard to allow internet access from network 192.168.99.x?  and NAT configuration on Watchguard from 192.168.99.x -> AnyExternal or AnyTrusted->AnyExternal

Regards,

Raphael Alganes
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Sophos Support Videos Product Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

• Hello Raphael,

Thanks for the input. Currently I am not on-site for test wie a wireless client connected to the SF AP.

But from the sophos FW I can make a ping to the 192.168.99.2 WG IP.

The default GW/DNS for the AP Clients is both 192.168.99.1. Should I change the Gateway and DNS to 192.168.99.2 for the AP clients?

Also I want for some clients from the 10.44.105.x subnet, that they are able to reach the sophos interface on 192.168.99.1. As on the sophos is also a smtp relay configured which the printers used to send mails via scanning.

For that I guess I need a route to configure on both Firewalls to reach the 192.168.99.x subnet, or?

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Hello Raphael,

Thanks for the input. Currently I am not on-site for test wie a wireless client connected to the SF AP.

But from the sophos FW I can make a ping to the 192.168.99.2 WG IP.

The default GW/DNS for the AP Clients is both 192.168.99.1. Should I change the Gateway and DNS to 192.168.99.2 for the AP clients?

Also I want for some clients from the 10.44.105.x subnet, that they are able to reach the sophos interface on 192.168.99.1. As on the sophos is also a smtp relay configured which the printers used to send mails via scanning.

For that I guess I need a route to configure on both Firewalls to reach the 192.168.99.x subnet, or?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Children
No Data