Yet another portable Firefox problem

I use the latest official Mozilla Firefox version and extract the portable version.

It runs perfectly outside the sandbox, and is run with the following cmd line parametres: -private -no-remote -profile "profile1"

When I start it like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" "C:\Program Files\Firefox_portable\firefox.exe" -private -no-remote -profile "profile1"

it will give me an error box telling me that "Your Firefox profile is not available" (Free translated, I don't know what it writes in English).

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Sandboxie v.5.30

• Hi Carl,

As a suggestion, see if you can make a backup of your profiles (you may need to look online to find out if this is actually something that can be done safely), then start over with Firefox (as in remove it and all its data (if you can make a backup)), Create a new Sandbox with default settings , test the behavior:

If the issue does not occur, then start adding your profiles one at a time to see which one triggers the problem (if applicable).

If the issue occurs with a fresh version of Firefox you probably want to uninstall Sandboxie and the configuration file. Then re-install the latest beta with a fresh config (it will automatically do this), create a new Sandbox and re-test (uninstalling Sandboxie does not delete your Sandboxes, thus the need to create a new Sandbox for each test).

If the problem still persists and you want me to test it, provide the exact repro steps, including what's running at the time of the tests, where are your profiles located, as well as any other information that affects Firefox and your Sbie version and configuration, and I will give it another try. 

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I have no installed Firefox, only portable versions that runs totally separated.

I just tried your suggestion, fresh Firefox with fresh profile and no add-ons:

1) Extract the Firefox installer

2) Run "C:\Program Files\core\firefox.exe" -private -no-remote -profile "profil" to create the profile folder.

3) Create a new sandbox called Firefox2

4) Run "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /Box:Firefox2 "C:\Program Files\core\firefox.exe" -private -no-remote -profile "profil

Error

So, now I should try to reinstall Sandboxie?