This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP30 dropping

Hi all

I've been running my UTM (Home license) since last March.

The first AP30 I added has always worlked.

Last year I bought a second AP30. After some indeterminate point of time the AP went to inactive.

So following a few other threads, I deleted it but it never reappeared.

If I flashed it to an earlier version, it would appear but then eventually the same thing.

Since I had no support and the AP was second had, I assumed it was probably faulty in some way.

So...fast forward and I bought two brand new, in box AP30's from eBay. Never opened. All of them are V2 devices from what I can see.

And lo and behold the exact same thing has happened.

In the wireless log I got lines like these:

AP30 from 192.168.xxx.xxx:33809 identified as A4001FC56XXXXXX

(Re-)loaded identity and/or configuration

ll_read: dead socket: Resource temporarily unavailable

disconnected. Close socket and kill process.

It then repeats several times with different port numbers after the IP

Finally four lines repeating:

Configuration change detected

It seems odd that I get exactly the same behaviour with two AP's

I've tried moving them to a different switch, different cables etc. I tried with/without PoE in case it was a lack of juice.

It's incredibly frustrating to say the least.

Rebooting the UTM or the AP has no effect - once removed from the list of access points until I flash it, it will never show again.

I am a bit flabbergasted, to be honest that given a quick browse of the forums, it does seem to be a common problem and yet there is no solution?

Obviously, given it's a home license I have no support.

Anyone have any advice please?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tony,

There was an issue associated with the version numbering of the older AP models started with v9.407, which is resolved in v9.410. If the AP is under warranty then, contact support and ask them to check it out.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Morning guys

I was mulling this over considerably as it seemed odd to me that two AP's would have failed whereas one has always been absolutely rock solid.

I was confident it wasn't a cabling issue as I'd replaced that.

But I was running the failed ones off of a NETGEAR ProSAFE 8 Port Web Managed (Plus) Gigabit Ethernet Switch with PoE (GS108PE-300EUS) using the PoE on the switch.

Whereas the one which has never failed is powered using a POE injector as the switch that it's connected into isn't PoE.

I therefore decided to use the PoE injector that came with the AP30. 

It's early days, as I only got around to making the switch at the weekend, but given I never saw it stable for more than about 3 days, the early results are very promising as it's still connected and appears to be rock solid.

Of course, if it drops off again, I will post back.

Overall I am less than impressed by that switch anyway - to say it's managed is something of an exaggeration - you can't even tell which port is delivering PoE or at what wattage etc. 

Anyway, hopefully this'll be a permanent solution and will help anyone having issues.

• Morning guys

I was mulling this over considerably as it seemed odd to me that two AP's would have failed whereas one has always been absolutely rock solid.

I was confident it wasn't a cabling issue as I'd replaced that.

But I was running the failed ones off of a NETGEAR ProSAFE 8 Port Web Managed (Plus) Gigabit Ethernet Switch with PoE (GS108PE-300EUS) using the PoE on the switch.

Whereas the one which has never failed is powered using a POE injector as the switch that it's connected into isn't PoE.

I therefore decided to use the PoE injector that came with the AP30. 

It's early days, as I only got around to making the switch at the weekend, but given I never saw it stable for more than about 3 days, the early results are very promising as it's still connected and appears to be rock solid.

Of course, if it drops off again, I will post back.

Overall I am less than impressed by that switch anyway - to say it's managed is something of an exaggeration - you can't even tell which port is delivering PoE or at what wattage etc. 

Anyway, hopefully this'll be a permanent solution and will help anyone having issues.

Children
No Data