This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Arlo Netgear Cameras

Hello,

We are experiencing difficulties in the operation of the Arlo Netgear camera together with Sophos UTM.

After some time (sometimes minutes only) the camera stops streaming giving time out error.

We had initially activated "Transparent Mode" option but then we switched to "Standard Mode" and the difficulty remains.

Do you people know what can we do so our camera starts working properly?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

Take SSH to UTM with root login and type: cd /var/log/*.log | grep x.x.x.x (camera IP address).

Monitor if you see any suspicious drop logs.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi there,

When we do that it shows:

cd /var/log/*.log | grep x.x.x.x
    -bash: cd: /var/log/afc.log: Not a directory

Thanks in advance.

• Sachin got in a hurry and started and finished with a combination of two different approaches.  If the IP you're looking for is 172.16.0.123, do grep '172\.16\.0\.123' /var/log/*.log

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

I meant two different command lines, you can do it as suggested by Balfson. Else, run this:

cd /var/log

tail -f *.log | grep x.x.x.x

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi there,

Since your last post, here, i've done that command but nothing appears in putty.

Is this good or bad?

Im still having many problems with Arlo Netgear Camera stream. Giving many many times a day timeout or just freeze.

Thanks in advance.

• Ricardo, please copy and paste the relevant lines from a PuTTy session.

Cheers- Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I have the same problem. Problem lies not in the camera but in the computer/browser where you're trying to view the live feed from.

When I have this computer in transparent proxy, I cannot view live image and always get errors and camera offline messages (while camera does record). Once I put the PC in skip ransparent mode source host, I have none of these anymore and live view just works. Looks like some kind of "problem"  with the Arlo webpage (which is not in the camera itself, but in the "netgear cloud".

I have no real solution to solve this, but haven't really tried hard finding one as long as my mobile app seems to work quite okay.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Any progress on this matter? My Arlo security cameras have the same issue and I really need a solution which, I'm afraid, isn't written anywhere on the forums. I've tried Netgear and their support team but no signs of help.

• Hi, I had the same issue. I had arlo security camera and a few days back I upgraded my camera to Arlo Pro 2.

Now, it's working fine without any issue. I tried to find good answer, but I couldn't able to find.

I highly recommend you to contact to their customer support team. I hope they can help you and also able to solve your problem.

Thanks

• My Arlo pro has been acting up recently too, but somehow in a different way. I keep receiving false notifications of detecting this and that motion. We adjusted its sensitivity and worked fine for a couple of days. Now the problem's back. Thinking of maybe replacing it with a new one. I feel that it might be a good idea to wait for good deals on BlackFriday. I found this page that gives updates about it. So looking forward to the next coming days! We loved its 2way audio and the quality is clear even at night, but the sensor must have been broken or something.