This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Xbox live not working

I have an xbox 360 with xbox live.  I have the ports open and I can pass all the xbox networking tests.  But when I try to create a xbox live party or game or join a friends party or game it fails.  It doesnt fail for every friend but for the majority of them it fails.

I can plug my xbox directly into the cable modem which bypasses the astaro firewall and then I can connect with the same friends I was not able to when I was connected to the astaro.

Is there some other exclusions I can apply in astaro so the I completely bypass astaro for my xbox?

I am using astaro version 8.203.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Turbo - it is not a cable modem with a built in switch.  It just has one port which I currently have plugged into astaro.

eganders - I have all those ports defined.  I also tried to any, any, xbox on source and destination.  I can pass all the xbox tests but I cant join friends games and they cant join mine.  But if I connect directly to the cable modem I can connect with those same friends.

Is there some other filter that I would need to exclude the xbox from?
  • Basically, you need two things.  Port rules for the firewall - which it sounds like you have, and NAT rules to direct inbound traffic destined for your Xbox, which you don't mention, so I think that's what you're missing.
  • Basically, you need two things.  Port rules for the firewall - which it sounds like you have, and NAT rules to direct inbound traffic destined for your Xbox, which you don't mention, so I think that's what you're missing.
Children
No Data