Customers might be unable to connect with us via the Sophos Malaysia Support Hotline number. Our teams are actively working on a fix. In the interim, we request customers to use the backup hotline number - +65 3157 5922 (Singapore) or raise a support request at https://support.sophos.com/.

Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Xbox live not working

I have an xbox 360 with xbox live.  I have the ports open and I can pass all the xbox networking tests.  But when I try to create a xbox live party or game or join a friends party or game it fails.  It doesnt fail for every friend but for the majority of them it fails.

I can plug my xbox directly into the cable modem which bypasses the astaro firewall and then I can connect with the same friends I was not able to when I was connected to the astaro.

Is there some other exclusions I can apply in astaro so the I completely bypass astaro for my xbox?

I am using astaro version 8.203.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Turbo - it is not a cable modem with a built in switch.  It just has one port which I currently have plugged into astaro.

eganders - I have all those ports defined.  I also tried to any, any, xbox on source and destination.  I can pass all the xbox tests but I cant join friends games and they cant join mine.  But if I connect directly to the cable modem I can connect with those same friends.

Is there some other filter that I would need to exclude the xbox from?
  • Basically, you need two things.  Port rules for the firewall - which it sounds like you have, and NAT rules to direct inbound traffic destined for your Xbox, which you don't mention, so I think that's what you're missing.
  • Basically, you need two things.  Port rules for the firewall - which it sounds like you have, and NAT rules to direct inbound traffic destined for your Xbox, which you don't mention, so I think that's what you're missing.
Children
No Data