This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import a Backup of UTM 9 from an SG110/120 onto a XG115

Hello,

I have an old SG110/120 with UTM 9 (running a home license on it) and recently did a slight hardware upgrade to an XG115.  As I understand, I can run the same version (9.605-1) of UTM 9 on this XG115 (also using a home license).  Please correct me if I'm wrong here. So, my question is, can I import a backup of my SG110 onto a fresh XG115? And can I use the same license?

Thanks in advance for your response.

PJ

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi PJ,

I don't recommend buying Sophos appliances for home use.  They are underpowered for the bandwidth you probably can get.  You likely can sell that XG115 for more than you will spend buying a new box with at least a dual core 3+GHz processor and 8GB of RAM.  Check the official UTM HCL and the last two or three pages of *Unofficial* Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).  If you do want to do XG instead of UTM, you will need to check the limitations of the XG home-use license.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks, Bob.

I think I can give it a shot. I have some equipment that I may be able to use.

I appreciate all the responses here!

PJ

Reply Children
No Data